Wednesday 3 October 2012

Meet the Designer - Lindy Evans



Lindy's love of interior design and architecture began when she was only a child. Instead of playing with her Barbie dolls she would spend all holidays designing and building her dolls the most lavish homes.

Work at her mother's homewares, linen and window furnishing store also fuelled Lindy's passion for beautiful things early in life. "I love design because it’s what I’m so passionate about. I have always been this way. I love creating interior spaces that people just love to be in for many years."

After graduating from her studies in Interior Technology, Lindy gained extensive experience in the residential and commercial market. It's residential interiors however that is her passion and that makes her role at Windemere Interiors the perfect partnership. "My passion is definitely residential design and I absolutely love doing cabinetry design, whether it be a kitchen, built-in furniture or WIR. The projects I enjoy the most would have to be the ones that combine all these design elements."

Since joining Windemere Interiors in 2005, Lindy has completed countless projects and is known for creating unique and stylish interiors that are both artful and functional.


Interview with Lindy

What do you describe as your interior design style? 

It’s hard to select just one as I love so many different styles. My home is definitely contemporary with a twist of modern colourful tribal influences. The colours/shades are mainly greys and whites with pops of colour (pink, yellow and green) in art and accessories. My decorating items are a little quirky and off beat. For example, I have used a children’s fabric for the cushions on my sofa (it’s a very luxurious fabric, but still part of a children’s collection)

What is it that you love about interior design in general? 

I love design because it’s what I’m so passionate about. I have always been this way. I love creating interior spaces that people just love to be in for many years.  

What inspires you? 

Being a designer you never switch off, life in general influences the way I create. Being a creative person I take inspiration form life in general. I can be walking down a street or through a park and get inspiration for a particular project. 

What is your favourite project?

My passion is residential design. I absolutely love doing cabinetry design, whether it be a kitchen, built-in furniture or WIR. My favourite projects would have to be the ones that combine all these design elements.

Do you have a favourite decorator piece at home and what is the story behind it? 


Revol Crinkle Cup
How can I pick just one, that is like asking to pick between your children!! A couple of things I could not live without are my Revol Crinkle Cups (cups that look like plastic disposable cups but in fact are beautiful porcelain. 

Another is my Ligne Roset Calin occasional chair with matching ottoman. It looks very minimal in form but is the most comfortable seat you will ever sit in. 








Some work from Lindy's Portfolio











No comments:

Post a Comment